Well I'm a bit late on my weekly post but it seems we decided to take the term
spring head to a whole another level. Little Sophia was born on 3-11-2012 
she was 4 pounds and 4oz and 17.6 inches born at 10.23. Earlier that night 
I stated having what I thought was Braxton hicks so I was counting them and 
started realizing that maybe they were actually contractions hoping they
 weren't we headed to the birth center to find that I was indeed having 
contractions every 3 to 4 minutes at that point and was dilated to 5.
A few tears later the doctor thought it might be a good idea to give 
me so steroids to help the babies lungs and an iv was started and 
they said after 20 minutes I could have an epidural. They then moved 
me to my room where labor progressed very quickly my water broke as 
soon as we got into the room and a few pushes later she was here. 
I went very fast so needless to say I didn't get the steroids or 
epidural. We could barely believe how fast she came she did come 
out crying we were very relieved to see a healthy baby girl.
 It was a good thing we got there when we did we got there
 about 900 pm and I was seen by the Dr about 9:30pm .
She was brought to the nicu and was started on a cpap on 
room air to assist her breathing by the morning she was 
moved to a nasal canella on room air and that was stopped 
the next day. She is gaining weight she was 4 pounds 7 oz 
yesterday and we are just working on her bottle feedings 
and she can go home she is doing really well. 
We feel very lucky yesterday while visting was I
 listening to the baby next door cry I believe this baby only 
weighs 1 pound heard the doctor say that they needed to 
transport the baby to Tacoma general where she could get
 more care my heart sank for the family knowing they have
 been down a long painful road and still more to come and 
was very thankful that she came early but was thankful she 
was healthy. We took Edward to see her the other day he 
seems to like his baby sister he calls her baby sofa and 
when he sees pictures of her he says baby sister and kisses her.

 

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog